On behalf of the EU-Malaysia Biomass Sustainable Production Initiative (Biomass-SP), it gives us a great pleasure to invite you to participate in the Stakeholders Consultation Session with Biomass SMEs, which will be held on 18 July 2012, at Palm Garden Hotel, IOI Resort, Putrajaya.
- To obtain feedback, opinions and suggestions from biomass-based SMEs on actions and measures along the biomass value chain that can be implemented in the biomass action plan for Malaysia to further promote the biomass industry among the SMEs:
- Biomass feedstock pricing and availability
- Access to technologies and know-how
- Challenges in financing and funding
- Local market potential for biomass products
- Export potential of biomass products
- Certifications, standardization and labeling of biomass products
- To invite SME’s to participate in the development of biomass projects or specific actions along the biomass value chain in order to enhance SMEs participation in the industry and create successful case studies for future reference
- A list of recommendations (with rationale and potential impacts) for submission of the biomass action plan for Malaysia to the government on enhancing the participation of SMEs in the biomass value chain
- A list of biomass projects or specific actions along the biomass value chain with commitment from individual SMEs to participate. These projects or specific actions will be promoted to the relevant government agencies for endorsement and assistance in facilitating them.
To participate, please fill up the attached Quick Fax Reply form and return to us by e-mail or fax by 16 July 2012. Please do not hesitate to write to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need further details or clarification about the event.