EU-Asia Biomass Best Practices & Business Partnering Conference 2012
- The inaugural event will act as the focal point for assembly of local, regional and European/Asian biomass stakeholders. Various aspects in the best practices of biomass utilization such as bioenergy, biofertilisers high value chemicals and biofuels, eco-products and green building materials will form the knowledge architecture of the programme.
- For more information, please visit here.
Briefing Session for Financial Institutions (FIs) and Development Financial Institutions (DFIs)
- To create awareness on the growing biomass industry in Malaysia and increasing demand in the global market for biomass-based products to the financial institutions and development financial institutions
- Equal attendance by 15 financial institutions and banks associations (SME Bank, Maybank, Public Bank, HSBC, Bank Pembangunan, MIDF, Bank Rakyat, MDV, etc.) and 19 biomass-related SMEs
EU-Malaysia Biomass Entrepreneurs Nurturing Programme (EUM-BENP)
- EUM-BENP is one of the major initiatives under the Biomass-SP to develop competitive biomass SMEs and elevate them to the global biomass market. In the long term, EUM-BENP aims to nurture the SMEs to develop high quality biomass products or services and link to the EU green value chain.
- Selected SMEs will be entitled to COMPLIMENTARY coaching service by subject matters experts from Malaysia and the EU engaged by the project. Coaching shall be provided on a one-to-one or one-to-many basis, depending on the nature of required services.
- Coaching services in the pipeline:
- Access to government grants/soft loans/investment incentives/venture capital
- EU business partnership/business know-how
- Commercialisation of local biomass technology/R&Ds
- Pelleting technology and best practices in biomass conversion projects in the EU
- EU green procurement standards and specifications/EU market access opportunities
- Clean Development Mechanism (CDM)
- Carbon footprint measurement/Eco-labeling
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) and other ISO 14000 series
- Participation to EUM-BENP is still OPEN; grab this opportunity by downloading the application form here.